The Dragons strongly adhere to the FAIR PLAY concept and expect all members, players, coaches, volunteers and other participants to understand and practice this concept during Dragons' activities and events..
Fair Play Code for Coaches
- I will be reasonable when scheduling practices and remember that players have other obligations.
- I will teach my players to play fairly and to respect the rules, the referees and opponents.
- I will ensure that all players get equal instruction, support and playing time.
- I will not ridicule, yell, or be negative toward any player or game official. I will remember that the players are here to enjoy themselves and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
- I will make sure that equipment and facilities are safe.
- I will remember that my players deserve a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example in my dealings with players, other coaches and referees.
- If I disagree with an official, I will accept the decision and not argue the call. I can bring my concerns to the head referee or to the age group director.
- I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
For more information please click here